Landlord and Tenant
We understand that having the right premises, or the right tenant in your own premises is important to any business, but sometimes the landlord and tenant relationship breaks down. In these cases our solicitors and lawyers will deal with the problem either through litigation or a dispute resolution process.
Our commercial and litigation teams work together to ensure you benefit from the appropriate level of knowledge and experience at the right cost. We aim to identify problems that may arise during transactions but, more importantly, provide the solutions.
For commercial tenants, we deal with rent reviews, lease renewals or terminations and advise on liability at the end of the term. We also regularly act for tenants extending their leases or querying excessive service charges by freeholders.
For landlords, we deal with enforcements of lease covenants including recovery of rent arrears, possession, and damages for disrepair.
We can also assist Managing Agents in connection with the recovery of service charge arrears, including the use of Section 146 Notices, applications to the Court for Section 81 determinations and Forfeiture Proceedings.
We have experience in relation to other claims for breach of covenant and difficulties regarding communal parts, potential licences, adverse possession and other types of property litigation that Managing Agents encounter from time to time.
To find out how we can help call us now on 01202 203214
Our team can provide you with advice and practical solutions on such matters as:
- Preparing tenancy agreements/leases
- Rent reviews/rent arrears
- Dealing with the termination and renewal of a business lease
- Preparing notices of repair and dilapidation
- Acting for flat management companies
- Assured Shortholds and Tenancies
- Preparing and serving Notices to Quit
- Preparing appropriate notices if a Tenant is in breach of tenancy agreement/lease
- Enforcement of covenants
- Issuing proceedings for the possession of premises
- Leasehold enfranchisements
- Recovery of service charges
- Removal of unauthorised occupants
- Schedules of dilapidations
Contact our Commercial Litigation team on 01202 203214 or email firstname.lastname@example.org